Welcome To The Playground Amateur Radio Club!
Do you monitor 146.52 and 446.00 MHz simplex? They are national calling frequencies. Give a call on the highway, monitor at home.
A suggestion: Many of us scan all the time. When you call someone, announce the frequency you’re on…. “on 52″ or “on 79″. Sometimes the scan function kicks in before we can see where it was…. of course if the beep is unique like the one on “120″, then….
We are always soliciting ideas for “tech night” presentations. Have an idea? Let us know. And remember, the doctor is always in on “tech night”, so bring your questions to the meeting.
The Playground Amateur Radio Club has an active email group. You can get on the list by using the Yahoo button on the right-->
Notices and Announcements:
- Upcoming Events
- Tech Night – Thursday, March 6th @ 1930 Hours
- Business Meeting – Thursday, March 13th @ 1900 Hours (at the Hamfest site)
- Hamfest – Friday, March 14th- Saturday, March 15th
- VE Exams – Saturday, March 15th @ 1000 Hours (at the Hamfest)
- Tech Night – Thursday, April 3rd @ 1930 Hours
- Business Meeting – Thursday, April 17th @ 1930 Hours
- PARC Coffee Call – Each Saturday, 0700 Hours @ Joe & Eddies
- PARC Sunday Pile-up – Each Sunday Afternoon, ~1500 Hours @ The Clubhouse
The Playground Amateur Radio Club normally meets the first and third Thursday of each month and is open to all members and guests.
The first Thursday is Tech Night with subjects relating to technical and informative instruction, or demonstrations of interest to all amateurs.
The third Thursday is the business meeting attended by elected officers and guests.
There is an informal gathering known as the PARC coffee call on Saturdays at 0700 at Joe and Eddies on Eglin Parkway in Fort Walton Beach, All are welcome. Monitor 147.555 FM simplex for changes in plans.Do you have an announcement, bulletin, or suggestion?
Send email to Webmaster Neil at email@example.com.